This course follows on from the Java for beginners introduction. Designed to broaden both the candidate’s breadth and depth of knowledge of the core Java platform and its API.
- Apply proven Java best practices to increase productivity and build fast, secure and reliable software for example: when and how to use Interfaces, Abstract Classes and Nested Classes, Instantiating Objects vs. Subclasses.
- Utilise proven design patterns to solve architectural problems and explore advanced language features. We will build a Model-View-Controller GUI application to show the advantages and disadvantages.
- Multi-threading: explore Java's built in concurrency support to build multi-threaded applications that fully exploit today’s multi-core chip architectures.
- Gain further knowledge of areas such as the collections API and generics.
- Under the hood of the Java Virtual Machine: Learn more about the JVM and current trends in platform usage.
There will be a strong practical element to this course with approximately 50% of the time spent doing practical exercises to cement the knowledge gained. We will utilise the popular Eclipse IDE and various open source tools and frameworks throughout the course.
- Effective Java Programming
- Test Driven Development
- Code Quality
- Design Patterns and Managing Change
- Effective use of the Collections API
- Packaging and Securing Your Application
22nd June - 3rd July 2015 / 20th June - 1st July 2016: Dubai
24th August - 4th September 2015 / 22nd August - 2nd September 2016: Abu Dhabi
23rd November - 4th December 2015/ 21st November - 2nd December 2016: London
Two weeks training: £3,850
One week course: £2,200