Budget and Financial Management
This Budget and Financial Management training course is designed to enable participants to understand the links between budgets and finance, and meet the increasing demand to show how your projects or departments contribute to your organisation’s bottom line. Whether your goal is to stay on budget, increase overall cost-savings or meet specific profitability targets, real-world exercises will help you become familiar with standard financial documents, and use budget and estimating methods and tools more effectively.
Suitability - who should attend?
Finance is the fastest growing area where senior managers are looking to department staff and leaders for insight, understanding and recommendations.
Aims of the course
• This course will help you understand the “macro” big picture and “micro” line item context and trends of finance—as well as the mechanics of developing budgets.
• The course reviews and discusses commonly used financial metrics to not only understand the numbers, but also to explore the not-so-obvious financial impacts of typical operating decisions and actions—from a project to organisational level.
• After completing this course, you’ll know how to gather, compile and prioritise financial data to develop, execute and manage a budget.
Training Course Content
This training course is designed to cover the following headings
• Utilising ESI’s Mindset Model to understand how finance and accounting influence management decisions
• How to successfully create, present, monitor and manage a budget
• Persuasively negotiate for financial resources
• Communicate financial information and results to stakeholders, executives, colleagues and project teams
• Correlate budget success with its presentation in financial reports
• Recognise the relationships between primary financial statement line items by calculating and examining relevant financial ratios
10th - 21st March: Dubai
19th - 30th May: London
29th September - 10th October: New York
Two weeks training: £4,150
One week course: £2,375