Effective Written Communication for Compliance, Audit & Risk Professionals
This highly practical training course enables professionals in Compliance, Audit or Risk Management roles to recognise and apply written communication techniques. This will make reports and other messages more likely to result in the outcomes they were designed to achieve.
Suitability - who should attend?
This written communication course is aimed at professionals working in Compliance, Risk Management or Audit. Who are responsible for preparing reports, explaining the impact of new rules, legislation and guidance, or delivering difficult messages in writing.
By attending this training course delegates will be able to understand potential barriers in communication and how to overcome them. As well as recognise the relationship between the business and control functions, whilst avoiding misleading technical jargon.
Training Course Content
This communication course will cover the following topics:
Why is good communication important?
Group discussion & exercise on impact:
• Effect on reputation and credibility
• How well was the meaning conveyed?
Demonstrate examples of poor communication: Case study to highlight:-
• Ambiguous text
• Incorrect punctuation
• Spelling errors
• Consider the limitations of a written report
• Using language they understand
• Competing with other priorities
• Creating interest in your message
• Identifying the key recipients
• Writing from the recipient’s perspective
• Identifying the value of the report for the recipient
• Setting clear objectives
Plan the Outline
• Start from your objectives
• Define key messages
• Structure and Flow
• Use of paragraphs, bullets and numbering
• Presenting data, graphs, charts and tables
• Using Executive Summaries and Appendixes
3rd - 14th August 2015 / 1st - 12th August 2016: London
4th - 15th May 2015 / 2nd - 13th May 2016: Dubai
2nd - 13th February 2015 / 1st - 12th February 2016: Dubai
Two weeks training: £4,150
One week course: £2,375