International Financial Reporting Standards
This intensive training course covering the International Financial Reporting Standards was designed to enable delegates to understand the role and purpose of IFRS, while explaining the scope of the IFRS adoption and migration strategies.
Suitability - who should attend?
This training course is aimed at finance professionals, in a centralised finance function or inline functions, who want to round out their professional education as they take on more management responsibility.
Aims of the course
Upon training completion, participants will be able to effectively engage with key stakeholders and ensure their audit teams are prepared. Overall, participants will be equipped to understand and leverage the organisational benefits of IFRS.
Training Course Content
The course is designed to cover the following modules and units:
Key principles of IFRS
• The background and development of IFRS
• Underlying financial principles within IFRS
• Disclosure and transparency aspects
Effective IFRS Implementation
• The Strategic planning process roadmap
• Mapping regional standards to IFRS – GAP Analysis
• Resource planning
• Strategy sense checks
Effective IFRS Migration – Critical Success factors
• Critical success factors in implementing IFRS
• Support & clarification from IFRS/IAS
• Effective project management
• Auditor training and charter development
• Investment leverage strategies
• Engaging key stakeholders – senior team, marketing, audit, and treasury
• Developing a unified organisational approach
16th - 27th March 2015 / 14th - 25th March 2016: London
8th - 19th June 2015 / 6th - 17th June 2016: Dubai
19th - 30th October 2015 / 17th - 28th October 2016: London
Two weeks training: £4,150
One week course: £2,375