This practical course will provide first line managers and supervisors with the essential skills and knowledge to manage and motivate other people to achieve their best performance.
Suitability - who should attend?
As mentioned above this course is suitable for first line managers and supervisors with the essential skills and knowledge to manage and motivate other people to achieve their best performance.
Aims of the course
• Understand the link between effective performance management and business results.
• Monitor and measure performance against agreed goals.
• Run regular appraisal meetings to encourage staff to reach agreed goals and pick up any development opportunities.
• Confidently deal with difficult performance issues positively for all involved.
• Recognise when to give formal and informal motivational feedback.
Training Course Content
This training course is designed to cover the following headings
The Value of Performance Management
• Defining performance management - what it is and why it matters
• The benefits of effective performance management
• Looking at common reasons for underperforming
• Exploring your role as a performance manager and coach – how to get the best from others
• Setting clear expectations, SMART and behavioural objectives
Managing and Motivating for Individual Performance
• The link between motivation and performance including practical approaches for managing differing performance levels
• Identifying your personal leadership and coaching style
• Changing your personal leadership style to get the most from the individual performer
• Identifying what constitutes poor performance
• Handling difficult people in a fair and confident manner – encouraging them to find solutions and take ownership
13th - 24th October 2014: Dubai
11th - 22nd August 2014: London
2nd - 13th June 2014: Boston
Two weeks training: £3,850
One week course: £2,200